Monday, February 22, 2016

Hey Good Lookin' Canvas - by Toni Herron

Hey good lookin'... DT Toni here to bring you a fun boys canvas featuring plenty of Memory Maze chipboard and products from a MM stockist (D'Lish Scraps)  monthly kit.
 

Just Be You

 
 
First of all, like normal I start out by placing down some of the products in places that I think I will stick them down. This gives me plenty of time to figure out exactly where I think something will work great of not or what will go with what. It also helps with the selection of colours for the chipboard pieces also.
 
To prepare the base of the canvas I simply painted it over with some White Gesso.
I knew that I really wanted the focus of the canvas to be on the beautiful cheeky photo. So I used the colour of his shirt to stamp randomly to assist with highlighting it. There are also some Clear Impasto on there using a splash dots style Memory Maze stencil mask.
 
For the chipboard I used some very basic techniques to colour them. Using just black paint, Grey paint (barb wire has been sprinkled with distress glitter) and inked. However notice the COGS! That is actually ONE CHIPBOARD PIECE, SPLIT IN TWO! I love this technique as it gives me the same design for the price of one! Woo Hoo!
 
When the chippies were drying I took the opportunity to get a start on the canvas layout.
First was the black wire mesh design, the photo, the flags and frames with the barbwire slipped underneath once it dried. Some cute flair buttons and bowtie from the kit to finish off this cluster.
 
There are these cool bricks placed around the canvas. There is a method to this random madness though! There are sets - 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5 pieces to each grouping.
 
Here is a close up of that split Cogs set that I mentioned before! Did you know that since Memory Maze chipboard is so thick, it can actually be split into three!! I only needed for this project.
 
Memory Maze products used;
 
Brick Wall
 
ATC  locks and frame
 
be true to yourself 200 x 200  priced each  min buy 3.
 
ATC frame 6 hole with micro elements and stand
 
Barbed Wire 3 strips = 90 cm
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for joining me today
Toni Herron
2016 Memory Maze DT member


1 comment:

  1. Love canvas as a medium for display , kids will love this

    ReplyDelete