Thursday, December 24, 2015

Christmas Layout and Canvas by Jodie Mason

I hope that this post finds you all well. Here in Australia it is now Christmas Eve, and the kids are all very excited as they await the arrival of Santa Clause. For me this is a bit of a bitter sweet post as it will be my last for Memory Maze. I have really enjoyed being on this team for the last year, but it is time for me to step down and take some much needed time out for me. I hope that you have enjoyed what the team and I have made over the past year and I know that the other design team members look forward to showing you many more of their creations in the new year.

Christmas Layout

As most of us with young children do, we lined up at our local shops so that the kids could have their picture taken with Santa. I dug through my chipboard stash and found some great Christmas themed ones (Memory Maze of course)! I used the new Christmas Emporium collection from Couture Creations for the papers and my layout was almost complete.

For the Christmas tree I first painted it in a green liquid acrylic paint, and once that was dry I added a few drops of Adirondack alcohol inks in different greens. The star has been coloured with yellow stickles and the baubles on the tree made with liquid pearls. I then glued a piece of the Christmas Emporium paper to the back of the tree and cut this out.

The flourish has been painted in black acrylic paint and then had a coat of clear embossing powder heated over the top. Both the baubles and the reindeer have been heat embossed in metallic gold, the only difference is that the baubles had the top layer peeled off to give them a more rustic (textured)look.

Christmas Layout

Close-up of reindeer and bauble

Close-up of the Christmas Tree

Memory Maze supplies used:

Border 40

Christmas Canvas

Lately I have been having a blast playing with some self levelling mediums and these small 4 inch canvases. It really is so much fun. You can use all different types of inks and paints to tint the medium with and then you basically just pour it on the canvas. Although you can have some input on your design, as it is incredibly fluid and takes many hours to dry properly, there is no way to tell exactly how the end result will look. Another great point of these type of mediums is that you can insert things (like chipboard pieces) into the wet product. The chipboard pieces have been heat embossed in metallic gold.


Christmas Canvas

Memory Maze supplies used:

Christmas Tree 2 Up


Merry Christmas


On behalf of the team members here at Memory Maze I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas and New Years. I hope that you have enjoyed what I have shared over the last year, and it has been a privilege being part of this amazing team.

Thanks for visiting

Memory Maze Design Team 2015

1 comment:

  1. Great creations Jodie... Awesome for the Christmas Spirit!! :) The layout is filled with eye catching elements, I love it!!! Thanks for sharing all of your amazing projects with us over hte last month! I'm so blessed to have gained a new friend and look forward to seeing what the future will bring you and your family... Toni.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete