Thursday, September 17, 2015

Love Layout and Christmas Tree by Jodie Mason

Today I am bringing you something a little bit different. Did you know that one of Memory Mazes retailers is D-Lish Scraps and that they hold monthly challenges to help inspire you? They hold these in The Scrap Suite (a facebook group) and the design team members take turns to set different challenges each month. They even have their very own kids scrapping challenge for those of you that have 'little helpers' like I do. Amanda and the team at D-Lish Scraps put up some amazing prizes, and if you are ever lost for inspiration this is the place for you.

Love Layout

This is one of the challenges set for this month.


Now I don't have access to all of my usual craft supplies at the moment as we are in the process of renovating that area of the house, but I did manage to put aside a few supplies to get me through. Using some spare paint from another project that I have on the go at the moment, and a paddle pop stick, toothbrush, sponge and toilet roll I created the background patterns on the purple card. With the chipboard LOVE and Ballerina I have covered these with an embossing dauber and then sprinkled pearl ex powder in different colours over the top. These have been given a quick spritz with hairspray and then the dauber used again before coating with UTEE.

Here is what I came up with.

Love Layout

A close-up of the effect left on the chipboard

Another close-up of the chipboard pieces.
Memory Maze supplies used:

Love with Stars 

Christmas Tree Card

Another of this months challenges is:

So with Christmas fast approaching I thought I should make a start on some quick cards. The Christmas tree has been prepared in the same manner as before, only this time I have inked the chipboard first. Green for the tree part and brown on the trunk. Add some KaiserCraft paper, washi tape, stickles and liquid pearls and hey presto!


Memory Maze supplies used:

Now if you see anything on the Memory Maze site that you would like to create with, please ask Amanda over at D-lish and if she doesn't have it in stock she can get it for you.

Thanks for visiting

Jodie Mason
Memory Maze Design Team 2015

1 comment:

  1. Great to see that even in the middle of some house Reno's, you're still able to get some crafty time in.. lol.. I love the Ballerina layout, so girly and such fun.. And LOVE the washi idea for the card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete