Thursday, September 3, 2015

It is ok to scrap yourself! - by Toni

Toni here today scrapping friends to tell you, IT IS OK TO SCRAP YOURSELF! 
So many of us today tend to forget about our own photos when crafting. We'll lean towards our children, partners, parents and even our pets without giving it a second thought. But when it comes to using our own photo we always seem to pass on it for some reason. 
Well not any longer! Today I'd like to share with you two layouts featuring me in both of the photos. The layouts are also featuring the Memory Maze chipboard pieces in two very different ways also. 

Timeless with Lane


My first layout includes a gorgeous photos of myself and my big boy Lane. Although it's not the most in focus photo, I still adore it! 
The chipboard pieces are being used along with the flowers and metal embellishments to create some clusters all over the page. All of the chipboard pieces have been either inked or painted. The frames have been layered on the page after being cut from a 12x12 pattern paper sheet. 







Memory Maze products used; 









Butterfly Dreams


My second layout has just myself in the photo. 
The chipboard has been used in a completely different way now. This page features the chippie as the hero, is being surrounded by flowers, washi tape and some micro beads. 


Unfortunately the photo doesn't do it justice, but the chipboard is coloured by a Silver Alcohol ink. I love that stuff because I don't have to prep the chipboard with anything for it to shine it's true stunning colour. Such a shame it doesn't come through on the photo though. 


Memory Maze products used


Stencil - used to make silver leaves under the large flowers.


Thank you very much for dropping by today, I hope you have found some inspiration to scrap yourself!
Toni Herron
2015 Memory Maze Design Team Member



No comments:

Post a Comment