Thursday, April 2, 2015

From a time gone by...with Alicia Barry

Welcome back to the Memory Maze blog, Today is my turn to share some projects with you. 

Family.

My first project is a heritage layout. I began with some new Kaisercraft papers which featured clock faces. From there, I matched it up with some Memory Maze chipboard clocks in various sizes.


 For each of the clock faces, I began with distress inks in 3 colours, beige, brown and red. Next I sprinkled some metallic embossing powder in random spots. I then added Distress embossing powder, again just in selected spots. This gave a rough texture somewhat like sandpaper.


 Finally I dabbed a little more of the red ink to intensify the colours that were already there.


Memory Maze supplies:

cogs clocks and hands 100 x 150 MIN BUY 3
Clock face and hands 150 x 150 mm  vintage min buy 3

Happy Birthday

Next up is a pretty little card. The design is relatively simple, but I have used chipboard to dress it up and make it a little more special.



One of the big trend coming out of CHA was the gold look, so I have used this to add sparkle to my card. I painted each of the pieces in gold Smooch paint, and then dabbed a little Stickles over the top. A very simple technique, but by keeping each of the pieces consistent, it created a stand out element across the card. 

Memory Maze supplies:

card sentiments 1
Lots of butterflies  100 x 150 mm Min purchase of 3

Thanks for visiting. 




1 comment: