Sunday, April 5, 2015

All about babies...with Sally McIntyre

This month with Sally is all about babies, everywhere I look someone I know is having a child, a grandchild, or great grandchild.


Now it is well known by those that know me that I have trouble with pure pastels often wanting to add navy blue, maroon or hot pink. Well I am mastering it and loving the effect.


I have used our new chipboard assorted hearts to cover with paper and  create a dimensional border as a feature on the page. I have also carried this across to my second page. I have laid these with dimensional foam tape.



 I have added our new chipboard butterflies, which were painted beautifully by my good friend and exceptional painter Teena Reid for me.
A little bling and a thread knotted and made into a bow to finish.



Memory Maze supplies used: 











I have also used the multi  hole frame  for lots of small photos for this one 



***********************

My second post is a refashioning 

of an old and past its use by date lamp and shade.



I initially coated the lampshade that was very old and grungy with white P.V.A glue and added single sheet serviettes with a pattern randomly over the shade.
As I worked I continued to coat with a slightly watered down  glue under and on top of the tissue.
I continued until I had the effect I was looking for, leaving some folds for effect.



After this dried overnight, I then completed a final coat of  watered down P.V.A. glue to the complete shade,this dries clear and hardens making the shade quite hardy.
I loved the effect.

I then chose a serious chipboard flourish, sprayed with  ink, Pearlex and water. When dry, I added gloss for effect.


A selection of flowers, bling, gems stamens and embellishments were added. 
I completed the shade with a beaded trim around the bottom.

Memory Maze supplies used: 





Sally McIntyre
Memory Maze Design Team Member 2015


1 comment:

  1. I love the touch of blue on the pink page. It really makes it pop.

    ReplyDelete