Friday, March 13, 2015

Textured chipboard with Alicia Barry

Thanks for visiting the Memory Maze blog. We are here not just to show you pretty examples using chipboard, but also to show you lots of techniques that you can try yourself at home. 

You are so loved

My first project today is the result of one of our Design Team challenges. We were tasked with altering one piece of chipboard in three different ways. I began with a 12 x 12 chipboard frame which I covered in Gesso. This primes the chipboard to be able to hold lots of material and product on top.





I applied some pieces of lace and some plastic mesh in various places across the chipboard and secured this with more Gesso. 


Next, I adhered some flowers and metals trinkets, and a chipboard tree (on its side) with more Gesso over the top, and once dry, I sprayed random sections of the project with paint mists in shades of teal. This really helped the texture to stand out. 


Next up, I stenciled over the top of the chipboard with glitter texture paste to create the dots. I also added some touches of Glitter Glass. Finally it was time to finish off with the photo red flowers and paper embellishments.


Memory Maze Supplies used:



Captured Moments.

Next up I have a layout. One of the big trends to come out of CHA was  gold foil. There were quite a number of companies featuring it in their new collections. I have created a layout using foiled and glittered  papers from Kaisercraft. I used some Metallic Lustre paint through a Memory Maze stencil to enhance the background. I used the same paint to cover my chipboard title to emulate the gold in the papers. 




Memory Maze supplies:

Dots and stuff  poly template  8x8 sold in 3\'s

Thanks for visiting


Alicia Barry
Memory Maze DT member 2015


1 comment:

  1. WOW Alicia thankyou for sharing your ideas and techniques , with such gorgeous projects its inspiration to us all.

    ReplyDelete