Thursday, February 19, 2015

February reveal with Alicia Barry

Hi and welcome to another reveal post. This month, the design team have been challenged to share a step by step post on creating a particular technique using chipboard.  I have created a project where I have taken a decorative frame and turned it into an interactive window shutter embellishment for a layout.

First, I started by coating the whole piece in gesso to give me a good foundation for the rest of the products.

Next I sponged on teal and brown distress ink using a blending tool. I used a darker brown for the edges.

Next I cut the frame in half. I took some scraps of chipboard and cut them to fit the frame. I inked the pieces in brown and used an embossing folder to create the wood texture, before adhering to the back. I added a little strip across the bottom of each window as a window sill. 


 I added some tiny metal trinkets and snaps as the handles.


I added tiny leaves and flowers to the window sill, and attached it to my page using hinges. 


And here it is all finished on my page. The shutters open to hold a photo. 


Memory Maze supplies:
Wrought Iron Frame 3 Small


1 comment: