Friday, September 27, 2013

Amanda Lawrence - September DT share - Part 2

Well hi all! I'm back again this month with another layout to share with you all. Another boy themed layout, which is great cause we all know how hard it can be to find those perfect boy themed embellishments.

This Boy


My boy loves to know how things 'work' if he gets his hands on a screwdriver, nothing is safe! He just loves to pull things apart and has been doing it since he was just 18 months old. I began by working out where my photo would sit and then filled the area underneath it with strips of patterned paper and washi tape.


I added some paint splatters using some watercolours and a template. Then I coloured a selection of cogs using inks, watercolours and sharpie markers.


I also coloured some mini chevron with sharpie and added them to the title area.


Another close-up of the cogs shows how I gave my layout dimension by adding them both under and over the photo. I simply layered my photo on some scrap chipboard leaving some space around the edges. I was then able to tuck some of my elements under it. 

Memory Maze products used:

Other products used:
Bazzil cardstock, My Minds Eye & Cosmo Cricket papers, washi tape, ink, watercolour paint, sharpie markers, Doodlebug alphabet stickers, MoTEX labeller.

Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you back here in October!

Amanda x


1 comment:

  1. I love what you did with all the boy stuff.

    ReplyDelete