Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Memory Maze May DT reveal

Hi all 

Kim here from the UK, I hope you lovely mums all had a wonderful Mothers day this year and had lots of special treats.
I am here to show my little May treats so without further ado I will start with my gorgeous little box for a new baby boy..
 As you can see I used the Stackums again this month but made a pretty 6x6 box and also used the Its a boy chippie, I used Sakura pens to colour it in and then highlighted in white gel pen to give it some movement.
A close up and you can see all the gorgeous spots on the elephant, what fun.
Here is a side view so I can show you the ribbon work on the sides.
I really enjoyed making this one for you  all and I think it would be lovely with some little booties inside and maybe some mittens or a little hat in tissue paper, How nice would that be for a new mum.

Code C0001
                                                                   
............................................................................
My next project was a melted art card and I added a little gold bird cage into the effect.
 I melted some Ultra thick embossing powder onto some card on my craft sheet and then had a stamp ready so soon as it was melted I pressed the stamp into it and waited for it to cool just a little, I then lifted out the stamp and ripped the edges away on the paper then left aside to cool completely.
 You cannot really tell from this picture as it quite late at night but i coloured this gorgeous little birdcage in gold it twinkles in real time so much but unfortunately you cant see it so you will have to close your eyes and imagine water sparkling with the sun on it for me because this is how this glints in the light with the Mica powder in the composition.
Code C0170
                                                                  
........................................................................

Lastly I again used the Stackums and this time I used a very special horse and foal with a very unusual right edge stack um, I have tried to get in close so you can all see it too.

 I covered a frame in leather or skin type paper and cut out the aperture for the main image. I made a couple of rosettes One for !st place with a red ribbon and the other to hold the Happy Birthday chippie as you can see below.
 I spritzed it with its zingy turquoise colour and added a translucent gold on top for sparkle, Then used a Sakura pen to line each letter too.
 If you look closely on the right hand side you can just see the triangle shapes in the stackum.
Code C0142
Code E0002
Thank you to every one who has been enjoying my post for May and I would like to wish all the girls taking part in the blog hop good luck and sorry I couldn't attempt it this time, I am going in to hospital Friday for a small operation but girls I will be thinking of you all. good Luck .

All for now 

Kim 
xxxxx
.........................................................................

4 comments:

  1. Super pretty projects, Kim. Love how you mix Stackum sheets and chipboards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the stackums & choppier together. Love the baby box

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work Kim...I love the technique you have used on your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you do your cards, gorgeous work as always Kim ~

    ReplyDelete