Friday, February 22, 2013

Hi there everyone.
This is Julene Matthews and this is my first post for Memory Maze chipboard.
I've 3 projects to show you.

"HILDA"


This features a photo of my young grandmother. I went very pastel with this. 
I fussy cut around the edge of the backing paper(Ruby Rock-it August Moon) then inserted another matching shaped paper over it. I used muslin as my base mat with a pink heart doily on top. Then I added the chipboard frame which I covered with patterned paper and inked the edges using pinecone. I painted the scrolly bits white.

I've added some hydrangea blossoms,a butterfly and rub on words, lock and key.
Final touch was a pink velvet bow on the actual frame. Here's a close up,you can see how the muslin adds softness.


Memory Maze Products Used

Frame is X0003

............................................

"EVERYDAY HERO"

This layout features one of Memory Maze words "perfect" which I have inked in black.
I have also used a ginger coloured hand made paper as my photo mat.The rest of the layouts construction is self explanatory.


I made this layout for a sketch challenge on "Sketches in Thyme".

Memory Maze Products used

Perfect word G0196

...................................................

and the 3rd layout

"ADVENTURE"

 This features 3 pieces of memory maze chipboard.The circle, the word adventure are both inked in blue and the hot air balloon is inked with silver.


I started with the background papers,including the one featuring sketches of aeroplanes and the other with clouds.There is washi tape under the top cut out plane picture and ribbon and vintage buttons in the bottom left corner and under the plane.

Instead of a journalling block I've used a streamer from the hot air balloon, with mini alphas telling what the layout is about.I used the twine to link up the 2 chipboard areas.

Memory Maze Products used

Adventure word G0077
Circle M0001

Have a happy day from


10 comments:

  1. Great mix of styles, tecniques and products here :-) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Julene,i love the heritage photo with the pastels

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing, love them all~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Julene and very well done. lovin your work.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your first layouts for the design team are wonderful. It showed a lot of different ways to use the chipboard pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely layouts and great use of the chippy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely layouts and great use of the chippy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great work and congrats on your first post!

    ReplyDelete